Thursday, April 14

Memory

Matthew, I know you can't hear me but I guess part of me still grieves and all of me would love it if you'd walk through the door again. The last time I saw you was almost a year ago now. A Wednesday night. You told me to go home. I said see you tomorrow. Tomorrow came and then came Friday morning. No word.

It took me ages to delete my last txt msg to you. Are you alive, I asked. It was much too late. Then finally the phone rang...

At some point that day I came outside and realized the bush was in full bloom.


It stood amazingly in contrast to the day's events, so full of life. And here it goes again, not yet full. It will be by next week, just in time...

See u soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for making time to comment.
to eliminate spam and other forms of abuse, i preview each comment and may delete any i deem inappropriate.

take care,
wordhabit