Thursday, March 7

#2

I used to think I had to save you.

So when you walked into my office and invited me out for a late night coffee shop run, I became unsure of my place. I never knew exactly how to respond to your maturity and to your love. You had a much stronger hold on your emotions than I did. That didn't intimidate me. I was grateful. I knew you could be a safe space. And you were.

So I sat in your apartment one evening and almost cried. If we could go back to that moment, I'd bawl my eyes out. The release would have been so good. I allowed myself to be there for you on the pedestrian walkway but I didn't know how to let you be there for me.

***

this is part of a series on being savior. find more like it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for making time to comment.
to eliminate spam and other forms of abuse, i preview each comment and may delete any i deem inappropriate.

take care,
wordhabit