Thursday, March 7

#4

I used to think I had to save you.

And then we had an unexpected meeting. The hug, the joy that ensued reminded me that we're on equal footing. Yes, we occupy different roles and yes, our responsibilities to each other differ. Yet we walk together.

If only I'd experienced more joy with you. We did experience grief together. Yours was the first hug to greet me, the first revelation of our equal footing or, rather, the first within the context of our chaplain-student context. Your hug let me know that I could feel, too. But I was too busy making sure everyone else was alright...from a distance...at that stage I was still too jaded to get any closer.


***

this is part of a series on being savior. find more like it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for making time to comment.
to eliminate spam and other forms of abuse, i preview each comment and may delete any i deem inappropriate.

take care,
wordhabit