Friday, May 3

Psalm 23 (a personalized account)

You, Lord, are my Shepherd
I will not lack anything
You make it possible for me to lie down in green pastures
You lead me (what grace!) beside still waters
You restore my soul
You lead me in paths of righteousness for the sake of Your name
Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (and not every valley has death...don't let me exaggerate), I will have no reason to fear because You are with me
Your rod and your staff (directional cues) comfort me
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies (even the enemies that I've created?)
You anoint my head with oil (I'm so unworthy...), my cup overflows
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life (I'm keeping that hope alive)
And I will live in Your house, my Lord, forever

And because I live in your house, Lord, I will live by your house rules.

Love is rule #1.

Oh boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for making time to comment.
to eliminate spam and other forms of abuse, i preview each comment and may delete any i deem inappropriate.

take care,
wordhabit